August 16, 2008

Last hurrah...

"Sign of Fidelity"

So, the past several days have been intense. The first day of school is Wednesday. So, naturally, I am filled with tons of anxiety. This has caused many a night of minimal sleep, between not being able to fall asleep and having to wake up at a decent hour to do more work. So, I decided to take a short break in order to recharge the batteries. Of course, this cut into my sleep time, but I would have probably had trouble sleeping anyways. So, I decided to do some more artistic edits of photos I took at my brother's wedding. My last hurrah, so speak, before I have no free time ever.

This photo was a complete accident. There was a lag in the shutter. For some reason my shutter won't close sometimes when the flash is on. It's really frustrating. So I had moved the camera down as the shutter closed and it came up with this. I actually loved it. It seems artistic. Actually, if I hadn't written that above, I could say that it was in fact an artistic choice. Alas, I am too honest. :) I just added some texture and then some text from the wedding liturgy. The ring is in perfect focus and seems to be what the eye is drawn to. I thought that the text, through the slanting and the topic, would increase the chance that your eye would find the ring.

The text reads: "Take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

So, now it's off to sleep, and then another day of preparation for the both dreaded and anticipated day. Keep me in your prayers as I begin teaching for the first time ever. I'm going to need all the help I can get!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first week of teaching! You made it!

    ReplyDelete