April 9, 2008

"What am I doing right?"

"What am I doing right?"

This photo was taken hand held. When I took the picture my hand dropped and made the image blurred. When I was reviewing the photo, I decided that it actually looked pretty cool, but it wasn't good enough by itself. This was my second attempt at editing it, and I'm happy with the results. The quotes are all chosen by me. I've been collecting quotes for the past couple of years, and these were the ones that I felt went best with the photo.

Here are the quotes in order:

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost

"This world is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel."
- Horace Walpole

"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."
- Frank Tibolt

"Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
- Rudyard Kipling

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M. Schulz

"If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."
- Emerson Pugh

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
- Albert Einstein

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left."
- Oscar Levant

Late tomorrow night my husband and I will be driving to central Illinois so that he can visit his Grandpa. It's going to be a really short trip; a little over 24 hours. He has class until 9pm on Thursday and I work at 6am on Saturday. Fun! To top it off, they are calling for large thunderstorms tomorrow night all along our route. It should be a treat.

1 comment: