January 21, 2011

Madeline's Rose

I needed to edit a photo this evening, so I searched through my my massive amount of unused photos on my hard drive to find one worth editing.  I found a photo I took of the rose I was given at my Baba's funeral.  ("Baba," by the way, is Ukrainian for grandmother, although literally it means "old woman.")

I'm not sure I want to go into all the emotions I had editing this, or the unresolved issues I have with her passing.  Maybe someday, but I'm not certain how personal I want this blog to get, at least right now.  Suffice it to say, she was very special to me and I miss her dearly.  I owe much of who I am to her influence.

So, anyways, the photo.  It's a simple one.  I did have to edit the heck out of it.  It was a horrible shot.  But, I think it turned out all right.  What do you think?


It's Friday!!!  I will post my Project 365 photos for the past two weeks later this evening.  (I forgot to blog about last week's, but I did take the photos.)

1 comment:

  1. Its beautiful photo and Im so sorry about your grandma. Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete