January 11, 2011

Snowy day

So, I went out and took some photos today.  It was cold...very cold.  My poor fingers nearly froze off!  (OK, so I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but still, I don't like to be cold.)

It was so pretty outside, though, I had to go out and ruin the pristine snow in our backyard.  I felt bad doing it, but it was worth it to get some photos.



This is from our magnolia.   I loved all the little flakes caught in the "hairs" of the bud.  So pretty.


A leaf filled with snow.  This is from the same magnolia.  I took way too many shots of this tree.



A couple more from the same magnolia, yet again.


I don't know what type of tree this is, but we have two of them.  They have gorgeous blooms in the spring and berries in the late summer/early fall.  They're quite pretty...I just have no idea what they are.


One of our pine trees.  I love the little pine cones forming on the branches.

Well, that's all for now.  Remember, though, to find beauty, often you only have to go as far as your own backyard.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww those are such a pretty photos:) Wish you a lovely and cozy day,sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete